Don’t Let A Mistake Ruin Your Life
Nights out on the town in Houston are fun and vibrant, but can quickly take a turn for the worst. If you made the mistake of getting behind the wheel after having a few drinks and were stopped by law enforcement, now you have to deal with a DWI charge. You’ll likely face hefty fines, lengthy jail time, license revocation and other consequences. Losing your freedom on the road can have serious, rippling consequences throughout your life.
If you’ve been charged with a DUI or DWI, don’t take on your legal situation alone – get the help you need navigating the legal process from the Law Office of Alejandro Macias, PC. I’m an experienced and dedicated DWI defense attorney, committed to providing personalized strategies, support and assistance to clients in Texas. I’ll work hard to protect your driving record and privileges.
Understanding The Consequences For A DWI
The penalties for a DWI range depending on whether you’re facing a misdemeanor or a felony charge. The classification of the charges you’re up against will be based on your driving record and the number of prior offenses you may have working against you. The consequences for a DWI conviction in Texas include:
- First offense? Class B Misdemeanor, a fine up to $2,000, 72 hours to 180 days of jail time, and possible license suspension for 90 to 365 days
- Second offense or BAC>=.15 ? Class A Misdemeanor, a fine up to $4,000, 30 to 365 days of jail time, and possible license suspension for 180 days to two years
- Third offense? Third-Degree Felony, a fine up to $10,000, 2 to 10 years of jail time, and possible license suspension for 180 days to two years
Regardless of the offense, I will work tirelessly to defend your rights. It’s always in your best interest to talk to an experienced attorney as soon as possible. I am here to answer your questions, guide you in the right direction, and prepare the strongest defense for your case.
To Learn More, Call Today
When you choose to work with me, I’ll examine your charges closely for mitigating factors that can be used to get the best outcome for you. I can help you determine if:
- The arresting officer acted appropriately
- Any testing was done properly
- The police report matches the video
I have the experience needed to help you build a strong defense for your case. If you’ve been charged with a DWI in Conroe, Houston, Richmond or Galveston, call me at 281-742-9508 or fill out this online contact form. I offer free consultations. Se habla español.