ATTORNEY AT LAW
Alejandro Macias is dedicated exclusively to the representation of persons under criminal accusation in both state and federal courts. He has defended virtually every type and level of criminal case. He is a former chair of the Criminal Law and Procedure Section of the Houston Bar Association and is a Texas Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist. This title is only given to a handful of attorneys who truly dedicate their practice to defending the rights of the criminally accused.
Alejandro is a member of various other legal organizations including the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer Association and the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association. He is also a member of the Texas Bar Foundation and Texas Bar College.
Alejandro Macias received his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas in 1996 and his legal degree from the South Texas College of Law in 2001. He started his criminal defense practice at Hinton Sussman Bailey & Davidson, LLP and opened his own office in 2012.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2001
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. - 1996
- Major: Sociology
- Hinton Sussman Bailey & Davidson, LLP, Associate, 2001 to 2012
- Legislative Update: Criminal Law, The Houston Lawyer, Sept/Oct, 2017
- Houston Bar Association Criminal Law and Procedure Section, Past Chair
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer Association, Member
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, Member
Certified Legal Specialties
- Criminal Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2019
Current Employment Position
- Criminal Defense Lawyer
- State and Federal Criminal Defense 100%
- Texas, 2002
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2007